Welcome to GeopsyWiki
Geopsy team is developing, distributing and maintaining open source software for geophysical research and application. Born during SESAME European Project, it has provided tools for processing ambient vibrations with site characterization in mind. Progressively, more conventional techniques (such as MASW or refraction) are included to offer a high quality, comprehensive and free platform for the interpretation of geophysical experiments.
The documentation is structured around tutorials and reference manuals. The first are aimed at describing step by step some common tasks of ambient vibration processing. The second provide more detailed explanations of the software features. The tutorials contain many links to the reference part. Man pages are unix-like documentations of all command line options.
Geopsy applications and libraries are virtually available for all platforms supported by Qt. However, only the most common ones are supported by Geopsy project.
Quick start tutorials
- Loading and viewing signal with geopsy
- H/V spectral ratio
- Ambient vibration array
- Active source experiment (MASW)
- Dispersion curve inversion
- Surface wave dispersion curve computation
- Ambient vibration synthesizer
- geopsy: storage and processing of experimental recordings
- Array processing: array response and post-processing tools
- Inversion: inversion and surface wave computations
- Graphical engine: how to handle figures and plots produced by Geopsy.org applications.
- Wireless ARray ANalysis acquisition system: a list of softwares developed for pseudo-real time processing of ambient vibrations
- Synopsis: software relationships presented under graphical sketches
General scientific background
- Nature of ambient vibrations
- H/V Single station processing
- Array signal processing
- Dispersion curve interpretation
- Inversion problems
All Geopsy.org softwares accept command line options, even graphical interfaces like geopsy or dinver. Man pages are equivalent to -h or -help options. Note that under Windows using MSYS console is strongly recommended to fully exploit all possibilities of shell scripting (do not use the default MS-DOS console).
This section is of interest only for people who wants to be involved in code development, bug fixes or administration. Application Programmer Interface and source code browser.
The best option is to work directly in a git repository.
- Installation of the working environment
- Submitting your Modifications