active vertical FK process

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
luigiV

active vertical FK process

Post by luigiV »

Hi Marc,
in the list of FK processes with only the vertical component I have often noticed the option active vertical conventional and active vertical Capon.
What does the active vertical consist of?
Is it a question of energizing one or more points inside or outside the array to artificially create the optimal conditions for using this technique?
Is the difference from FK active linear only in the fact that the array is 2D?
Or is it something else?
Thank you

Luigi

admin
Site Admin

Re: active vertical FK process

Post by admin »

Linear or 2D arrays with an active source can be processed with the FK toolbox. Distance to the source is considered for computing the steering matrix instead of the sensor positions when active is selected. Linear arrays acan be also processed with the cassical MASW toolbox. The general FK toolbox, the velocity is automatically picked as for passive FK. These features are drastically improved in the next release (3.5.0).

luigiV

Post by luigiV »

Thanks Marc,
but I would like to submit the case of an active L shaped array that you see in the attached image (shot at 0,0, sampling frequency 2000) where you will also see that the program does not work, trapped in a loop from which it does not exit.
What's the reason?
Is the acquisition time of 1 second enough (I think so)?
is there any other parameter to set?
or is it a bug like that of the passive linear array (which I hope will be solved in the new and top realease 3.5 cooming soon (?)?)

Best Regards
Luigi
Attachments
activeFK_Lshape.jpg
(91.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Effectively, I'm currently fixing the bugs of such processing in the framework of an internship of our students. Sorry to label it again for 3.5

luigiV

Post by luigiV »

Can you make a reasonable prediction for the release of 3.5?
Just a year has passed since 3.4.2 ... but I am still very grateful to you for your work with Geopsy
Last edited by luigiV on Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think that next Fall is reasonable.