Install on Mac

Post in this forum any question related to the installation on any of the supported platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
RMZhou

Install on Mac

Post by RMZhou »

Hi, there,

I am trying to follow the manual to install Geopsy on Mac. I was able to install QT (6.1.1), and FFTW. After I download geopsy source package, and go to the build directory and run make, I got below errors, and full output from "make -j 8" is attached.

Any idea what is going on for these errors? Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rongmao

In file included from ../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/AbstractStream.h:34:
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Mutex.h:46:48: error: no matching constructor for initialization of 'QMutex'
Mutex(RecursionMode mode = NonRecursive) : QMutex(mode) {}
^ ~~~~
../../../../Qt/6.1.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qmutex.h:147:21: note: candidate constructor (the implicit copy constructor) not viable: no known conversion from 'QReadWriteLock::RecursionMode' to 'const QMutex' for 1st argument
class Q_CORE_EXPORT QMutex : public QBasicMutex

In file included from ../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/AsciiLineParser.cpp:27:
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:188:8: error: redefinition of 'unique'
void unique(QVector<T>& vector)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:120:8: note: previous definition is here
void unique(QList<T>& list)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:204:8: error: redefinition of 'uniqueDeleteAll'
void uniqueDeleteAll(QVector<T>& vector)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:136:8: note: previous definition is here
void uniqueDeleteAll(QList<T>& list)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:222:8: error: redefinition of 'unique'
void unique(QVector<T>& vector, Equal equal)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:154:8: note: previous definition is here
void unique(QList<T>& list, Equal equal)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:238:8: error: redefinition of 'uniqueDeleteAll'
void uniqueDeleteAll(QVector<T>& vector, Equal equal)
^
../../../../geopsypack-src-3.4.1/QGpCoreTools/src/Global.h:170:8: note: previous definition is here
void uniqueDeleteAll(QList<T>& list, Equal equal)
Attachments
make-error.txt
(37.35 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Install on Mac

Post by admin »

Hi Rongmao,

Geopsy has not been migrated yet to Qt 6. I tried several months ago to compile it with Qt 6 but there is still some work to do before getting an error free compilation. Currently, I suggest to use the latest Qt 5 release (5.15.2?). Prefer geopsypack-3.4.2-preview (available from Git repository, see download page). I do not plan to support Qt 6 before geopsypack-3.6.

Best regards,

Marc