Geopsy: Time Limits
In Geopsy, several tools can be applied on time limits, i.e. on a given time range (also called Global Time Range in Geopsy).
Two drop boxes are available:
- From: to indicate at which time the processing starts
- To: to indicate at which time the processing ends
Note: the time entries format depends on what Time reference has been selected in geopsy Preferences
- this time: starting time provided by the user (entries in format xx h xx m xx.xxx s)
- T0: selects the earliest common start time of all active signals
- during: time duration before the end of the signal, specified either by End or this time in the To list (described below).
- this time: ending time provided by the user (entries in form xx h xx m xx.xxx s)
- End: selects the latest common ending time of all active signals
- during: time duration from the starting time given in the From list, specified either by this time or T0.
Time Picks in the drop lists
When Time Picks have been defined, they also appear as possible time limits in the From and To drop lists.
Use only the properties of the first signal
When the checkbox Use only the properties of the first signal is checked, the T0, End and TimePick[n] of the first signal are used to define the time limits. This option is not available in all toolboxes.
The most usual way to Use only the properties of the first signal is to apply two time picks defined on the first signal to the all the signals of the active signal window, so as to delimit a common time base for processing all signals.