Geopsy team is developing, distributing and maintaining open source software for geophysical research and applications. Born during SESAME European Project, it has provided tools for processing ambient vibrations with site characterization in mind since 2005. Progressively, more conventional techniques (such as MASW or refraction) are included to offer a high quality, comprehensive and free platform for the interpretation of geophysical experiments.
Since the end of year 2005, we have been organizing courses about ambient vibrations and related techniques based on the software products developed in this project. These courses extend over 5 to 6 days and gather about 15 to 20 participants. If you want to learn more about Geopsy and Dinver softwares, feel free to contact us. You can host a general audience course or we can organize a private training that fit exactly your requirements.
Referencing these softwares is not mandatory, however, we would appreciate that you properly reference this work, released for free, in all your publications or reports achieved with these softwares. Here is a sorted list of published papers closely linked to these softwares and their development.
Frequency-wavenumber, high resolution, spatial autocorrelation techniques, wavenumber limits linked to array geometries
- Wathelet, M., D. Jongmans, M. Ohrnberger, and S. Bonnefoy-Claudet (2008). Array performances for ambient vibrations on a shallow structure and consequences over Vs inversion. Journal of Seismology, 12, 1-19. pdf.
- G. Di Giulio, C. Cornou, M. Ohrnberger, M. Wathelet, and A. Rovellii (2006). Deriving Wavefield Characteristics and Shear-Velocity Profiles from Two-Dimensional Small-Aperture Arrays Analysis of Ambient Vibrations in a Small-Size Alluvial Basin, Colfiorito, Italy. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 96, 1915--1933. pdf
Specific to spatial autocorrelation technique
- A. Köhler, M. Ohrnberger, F. Scherbaum, M. Wathelet and C. Cornou (2007). Assessing the reliability of the modified three-component spatial autocorrelation technique. Geophysical Journal International, 168 (2), 779-796. pdf
- Wathelet, M. , D. Jongmans, and M. Ohrnberger (2005). Direct Inversion of Spatial Autocorrelation Curves with the Neighborhood Algorithm. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 95, 1787--1800. pdf
Neighbourhood algorithm implemented in Dinver, dispersion curve inversion
- Wathelet, M. (2008). An improved neighborhood algorithm: parameter conditions and dynamic scaling. Geophysical Research Letters, 35, L09301, doi:10.1029/2008GL033256.pdf
- Wathelet, M., D. Jongmans, and M. Ohrnberger (2004). Surface wave inversion using a direct search algorithm and its application to ambient vibration measurements, Near Surface Geophysics 2, 211--221. pdf (NSG is not available online).
Université de Liège
Intereg 3B project
Université Joseph Fourier
Participants to the first
Sesarray courses in
Grenoble and Berlin
Neries European project
Université Joseph Fourier