Windows command line

Post in this forum all topics related to all sesarray softwares, not a particular one.
laleh

Windows command line

Post by laleh »

Hi,

I am wondering if I can use Windows command line for some batch processing (e.g. cutting traces for many days)? on the website, it looks like it is only available for Linux users.

Thank you!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows command line

Post by admin »

Hi,

There are several tools under Windows to emulate a bash terminal.
  1. If you install git for Windows, there is nice terminal available (the one I'm using for compiling geopsy).
  2. MobaXterm
  3. Cygwin
  4. MSYS
  5. ...
I also read that it possible also to install a true Ubuntu/Windows terminal and X server for Windows 10. It is not that straight forward but there are tutorials.

The mini terminal provided in GeopsyLand is very limited and we use it only for very basic operations especially while teaching.

Any geopsy applications can be started from a terminal. To get the list of options you can add option '-h' to get the most important options, '-h all' to get all descriptions and '-h 1' to restrict to first level of options.

Note that geopsy does not necessary need traces to be cut for processing arrays and H/V, instead time range to process can be specified in the parameters. You can try the latest command line tools geopsy-fk, geopsy-spac and geopsy-hv for massive datasets (in 3.3.0 out in a few days). For instance, a script may loop over several days just providing a sliding time range and keeping other parameters constant.

laleh

Post by laleh »

Many thanks Marc, your reply is rally helpful, I would try these solutions and happily looking forward to get version 3.3.0!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Version 3.3.1 is out now