Axes in particle motion plots

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
hsharm3

Axes in particle motion plots

Post by hsharm3 »

Hi,

I am using the windows version 3.3.1 of geopsy and having some confusion with the axis label in particle motion plots. When I give the projection as 0 degree in the toolbox, the axis label shows it to be 90 degree and vice versa. I just wanted to know which is correct, 0 or 90?

I assume that 0 degree is for NS (transverse) and 90 degree for EW (radial) direction?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Hema

admin
Site Admin

Re: Axes in particle motion plots

Post by admin »

Hi Hema,

Thanks for pointing out this issue. The input angle is the horizontal direction counted clockwise from the North axis. The angle reported on the plot is not correct: it is the angle counted counter-clockwise from axis East. Effectively 0 deg. is for NS and 90 deg. for EW.

Release 3.3.3 is about to be produced. This fix will be included.

Best regards,

Marc

luigiV

Post by luigiV »

Hi Marc,

In version 3.3.2 that I have installed it seems to me that this tool does not work: no plot appears as you can see from the image.
The mistake of the orientation of the axes observed in this case is also valid in the Waveform - Rotate components (where however the direction of the anticlockwise rotation is specified)?

Thanks
Luigi
Attachments
particlemotion.jpg
(69.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Luigi,

The plot is there but very small. If you manually change the size with the properties panel you can recover it.
This issue is fixed in 3.3.3

Marc

luigiV

Post by luigiV »

Hi Marc,
As suggested I have manually expanded but as you can see the plot is empty and this happens on all releases after 2.9. The one shown is related to release 3.3.3. and the same happens with 3.3.4.
So I have to keep several releases active on my PC to take advantage of all the potential of Geopsy tools.
Regards

Sorry, but I made a mistake by not using the correct data format which must be complete with the date. So I was able to verify that the tool works, but the need to manually set the size of the object remains.
Attachments
particle_motion.jpg
(108.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by luigiV on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

See this topic for the probable reason why it is not solved in 3.3.3 and 3.3.4.
I'll add a note in topic 414 when the new archive are available.
Sorry for these long lasting errors. I did not suspect such an error.

Best regards,

Marc