HV save results - Directory choosing

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
sbirro

HV save results - Directory choosing

Post by sbirro »

Hi,
when saving HV results Geopsy prompts for the directory where to save them, but it has a misleading behaviour: it saves the results in an *.hv file with the NAME of the chosen folder, but in its PARENT folder.
I don't know if it's the desired way to save the results, but it would be simpler, if possible, to allow to directly specify the name of the *.hv file or at least to save the file in the given folder.

Thanks,
Riccardo
Last edited by sbirro on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HV save results - Directory choosing

Post by admin »

Thanks for report, I'll check and fix it for next minor release

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I checked in different ways and I was not able to reproduce the error you reported:
  • Processing several stations, saving from menu "Tool/Save results"
  • Processing several stations, saving with "Output" switch set in "Output" tab
  • Processing one single station, and saving with both methods.
I tried with a blank 'Name' for all signals and effectively it saves the results the way you described it.

This is now fixed for the next minor release (1.4.3). In case of a blank station name, file name is explicitly asked. Also the case if only one station is processed.

sbirro

Post by sbirro »

I usually process exactly one station with a blank name, because in the data acquisition software I use the station name is optional.
Sorry not to mention it and thanks for the fix.